There’s nothing quite like great volume, a healthy sheen, strong strands and smooth texture. How your hair looks can make or break your entire look. And when you are living that luxury lifestyle, you can’t afford to not have that luxe look.
But when it comes to haircare, which is the second largest market segment (about 25 percent) within the cosmetic industry after skincare (more than 30 percent)—an industry that generated $56.63 billion in revenue in 2013—how do you know which products to buy? Even at the luxury level, there are differences of quality despite a plush pricetag.
To help you make sure you’re getting what you pay for, we’ve assembled a list of 10 of the best luxury hair products out there, situated across the cost spectrum and listed in no particular order.
1. From haircare innovator and celebrity stylist Julien Farel is a line of anti-aging haircare products made with special emphasis on anti-aging. These shampoos, gels and conditioners are designed to revitalize and protect for optimal health.
2. If you’re looking for care for color-treated hair, Shu Uemura Art of Beauty offers its Full Shimmer Illuminating Treatment Masque. This iconic international cosmetic line delivers an incredible product that inspires vibrancy and shine.
3. From the world of Kérastase is the Oleo Relax Serum, which uses palm oil and shorea to create a powerful product with smoothing capabilities—ideal if you’re looking to tame your hair while retaining a silky, sleek appearance.
4. If you’re seeking a luxurious hair product for damage control, try Leonor Greyl’s Masque Quintessence. This product, made using Cupuau Oil and Manketti Oil, has unparalleled hydrating time-release power to revitalize seriously dry or damaged hair.
5. Serge Normant Meta Lush Volumizer sets the standard for achieving that fine balance of voluminous hair that still feels soft and full of energy. In addition to the flexibility it provides, this luxury volumizer strengths and protects to keep hair healthy.
6. For a top-tier product that works as you sleep, try Frederic Fekkai’s Ageless Overnight Hair Repair. This overnight treatment renews and repairs your hair through intense moisturizing properties that leave your hair nourished and safeguarded.
7. If you’re in need of a great pre-style haircare product, Bumble and bumble’s tried-and-true primer, prep, is a worthy purchase. This detangling and preparatory product is especially good for ultra-fine, limp or regular hair.
8. Oribe offers its Rough Luxury Soft Molding Paste, created for shorter hair and longer layers. This ultra-pliable hair product gives texture and definition alongside a firm hold without diminishing softeness and shine.
9. Fuente’s truffle shampoo is touted as being a self-thinking product, capable of responding to the needs of each specific hair type. Its restorative powers, derived from rarefied organic ingredients, make this one of the most luxurious haircare products found.
10. Haircare is about more than just what you put into your hair, which is why we’ve included this luxury hairbrush by Philip B. From an ergonomic grip to ultra-dense bristles to a sustainable majogany handle, this is a tool of true style.
A luxury lifestyle is something that is lived out in every aspect. It’s a way of being that is carried out across every personal expression. These 10 products, deliberately curated to address a variety of different haircare needs, represent some of the best haircare products available on the market. Offering you the finest look and feel, they are befitting of that limitless luxury lifestyle.